An electric toothbrush is a must-have for your house because it can clean your teeth better than a manual toothbrush. Electric toothbrushes can reach places that manual toothbrushes can't due to their head shapes and the overall difference in design. They can also remove plaque and bacteria from your teeth and gums due to their speed of vibrations. Electric toothbrushes are also easier to use, which is another bonus when compared to the manual electric toothbrushes everyone knows about.
Find out the benefits of electric toothbrushes, the features you should look for in an electric toothbrush, and other important information. I think that by the time you read my article you will realize that the question is why should you buy an electric toothbrush but rather why haven’t you bought one?
Electric toothbrushes have many benefits over traditional manual toothbrushes. Here is our quick list of the benefits of an electric toothbrush compared to a manual toothbrush. Benefits of an Electric Toothbrush
Cleans your teeth better
The most obvious benefit is that it gets your teeth cleaner. The vibration and rotations get in the spaces between teeth where a manual toothbrush can’t reach. This is of course under the assumption that your arm can't reach over 10,000 rotations per minute. If this assumption is wrong please accept our apologies.
Electric toothbrushes are more efficient than a manual ones
They are much more effective at removing plaque and bacteria from teeth and gums, and they can help to prevent gum disease. Electric toothbrushes are also much easier to use, especially for people with dexterity issues. And, they can be a lot of fun to use, too! So while you might think that this is similar to the first point, there is a bit of a point of distinction here. If you use a manual toothbrush for a minute, it might get 50% of the plaque removed, versus a higher percent with an electric toothbrush. So for your own time input, you should always have a better cleaning result with an electric toothbrush.
Save you money
If you use an electric toothbrush you should have cleaner teeth. This in turn will mean you have less plaque, less gum disease, and fewer cavities. What does this mean for you? Saving money! Which is what we all want to do right now, RIGHT? It is no secret that everything is going up in price, so if you go to a dentist would you rather have a routine cleaning or a cleaning plus fixing cavities? So you can save money with an electric toothbrush.
It is good for your health.
While everyone might not know this there is a bit of health-related issues to having cavities and gum disease.
Cavities are caused by the bacteria in our mouths. So when you have a cavity there is a chance that it can get infected and spread to other parts of your body. Also, there has been a lot of evidence that having cavities can impact the heart as well. Check out this link that talks about heart disease related to people with poor dental health. Pretty scary to say the least.
Electric toothbrushes can be easier to use for people with mobility issues.
Sometimes people have a hard time brushing their teeth for a wide variety of reasons. If you can't hold a manual toothbrush correctly or get a good clean with them an electric one might be easier for you.
An electric toothbrush can be a great asset to your oral care routine. Here are some features to look for when choosing an electric toothbrush:
- Look for a brush with multiple settings. This will allow you to customize your brushing experience to your own needs.
- A rechargeable battery is a must. You don't want to be constantly buying new batteries for your toothbrush.
- Choose a brush head that is the right size for your mouth. Too large of a head may make it difficult to reach all areas of your mouth, while too small may not be effective at cleaning your teeth.
- Consider an electric toothbrush with a built-in timer. This can help you ensure that you are brushing for the recommended two minutes per session.
Electric toothbrushes are often thought of as a luxury, but they can actually be a must-have for your home as we have seen. So let's figure out the things you should look for, and think about when buying an electric toothbrush.
- Battery life - some electric toothbrushes can offer days, weeks or even months of battery life. The truth is that you don't need that in most cases. Even if you travel you might need a month, MAX, of battery time. Think about it logically. You brush your teeth, then put it down; that is the steps for your home or if you're at a hotel right? Ok, so chances are there is a charger and even if there isn't one at that hotel and you're going somewhere else you could probably plug it in somewhere right? So you used it for 5 minutes max, and will probably be able to charge it again within a couple of days. So why would you need one with a month or two battery?
- Battery size - This is similar to the first one as it has to do with the size of the battery, but with a different aspect to it. The size of the battery will impact the weight of the toothbrush. So again, if you don't need a huge battery capacity it might make sense to look at a smaller-sized one as it will weigh less.
- The shape of the handle - Every electric toothbrush make will have a different handle. So this is just about personal preference. But if you have bought one and don't like it we suggest you take it back and try a different brand. We have done a lot of reviews on electric toothbrushes so know that there is a big difference between companies and model numbers. Feel is a personal preference so find one that you love and don't settle for just being satisfied with it.
- Price- As mentioned in the previous point we have done a lot of tests from $15 electric toothbrushes to over $300 ones and there is a big difference. But in all honesty, the difference between the $65-300 wasn't as much as we would have expected. Sure you might not get a timer or another mode, but you can easily get an amazing clean with a mid-level toothbrush. So if you are worried about the expenses related to buying an electric toothbrush maybe start at a lower price point until you feel the benefits.
- Cleaning technology - Each company prides itself on its different technologies. Some boast insane vibrations, different cleaning paths, etc. The truth is that all companies are different and it comes down to what you like the most. Again, we have found that some of the models we try we just didn't like, and these were industry leaders. So if you don't like Oral B toothbrushes, maybe trying Sonicare out, or another one might be beneficial. We have just received an Oclean X Pro and are doing a review on it right now. But so far it has been pretty impressive, especially at its price point!
An electric toothbrush is a must-have for your house because it can help to remove plaque and bacteria from your teeth and gums. Additionally, an electric toothbrush will usually be easier to use than a manual toothbrush, and it can be more effective at cleaning your teeth. Electric toothbrushes can also help improve your oral health by reducing gum inflammation and bleeding, and in turn prevent other issues like the ones we gave a link to above.
Overall there just aren't that many reasons to not try an electric toothbrush because it will save you time, money, and even help your health out. Those are some of the most important aspects of living that I can think of, so really the question is more along the lines of why haven't you tried an electric toothbrush out yet? If you have an have any suggestions just let us know as we are always looking for feedback related to our rankings and reviews of electric toothbrushes.